Frequently Asked Questions

U-Pass & Student Card

To load your U-Pass, use one of the three machines located across the UCU Bookstore. For all other inquiries about the U-Pass or Student Card, please visit UCU 104. You could also consult the following links for U-Pass:, and Student Card

Dental & Health Care

For all questions related to the health and dental plan, please visit UCU031B or consult the StudentCare’s website (


The University of Ottawa is known as one of the best bilingual post-secondary institutions in Canada with French and English as the official languages. The UOSU recognizes that French is the minority language on campus, which is why we want to set a high standard of bilingualism and ensure that there is linguistic representation in the university. A proactive way to represent the Francophone community is to adopt this practice of writing in French first, English second. 


To register for or join a club you are encouraged to contact the club and ask for what opportunities they currently have open. You can find a list of clubs and their contact information at

For the club funding application and for more information on how to acquire funding visit

There are over 300 operational clubs on campus. Check out the full list at